cloudLibrary (eBooks & eAudiobooks)
Download eBooks and eAudiobooks through the WTPL cloudLibrary.
WTPL offers fiction and non-fiction eBooks and eAudiobooks that can be downloaded for free to your computer or mobile device.
In the WTPL Cloud Library you can:
- Read on multiple devices – cloudLibrary automatically syncs your books (and where you left off reading) to all of your devices with the cloudLibrary.
- Browse shelves by genre or search for specific titles.
- Take notes and create bookmarks.
Get started with WTPL’s cloudLibrary app
- Download the cloudLibrary app to your device.
- To log into WTPL’s cloudLibrary select United States, New Jersey, & Washington Township Public Library.
- Enter your library card number & pin.
- Browse/Search, checkout, & download to get reading!
RBdigital (Comics & Magazines)
WTPL offers popular magazines and comics that can be downloaded for free to your computer or mobile device. Browse from our library’s collection of popular titles with no holds, no checkout periods, and no limit to the number of magazines to download.
Create an RBdigital account:
- Register to create an account here.
- Click on Register in the top righthand corner, if you don’t already have one. Enter the required information and click Register.
Tumblebooks for Kids
- InstantFlix offers access to over 7,000 high-quality shorts, features, documentaries, classic TV shows and Web series from 85 countries. Create an account using your 13-digit library card number.
- Access Video on Demand offers access to documentaries (including Ken Burns!), travel and fitness programming, home and how-to videos, indie films, TV shows, popular music performances, and more. The username and password are both “MAINlib.”
- The Shows Must Go On! is a YouTube channel that is streaming one classic musical each week. Shows go up Fridays at 2 p.m. and remain available for 48 hours.
- The Folk Project’s “Acoustic Stayaway” features live concerts every Tuesday and Friday evening. Attendance is free. 100% of donations go to the artists
Feeling cooped up at home? Escape through a virtual tour! Many of the museums we offer passes to are offering ways to explore their collections online, including the Guggenheim, the Frick, the Intrepid, the Hunterdon Art Museum, and the Montclair Art Museum. A list of additional museums from around the world is available here. While you’re at it, why not check in on the animals at the zoo? Try these eight blooming botanical gardens to explore virtually or eleven virtual garden tours to do from home. And explore the National Parks from home using Google Earth.
In-person classes may be cancelled, but there are lots of great opportunities for people of all ages to learn from home:
- Mometrix offers free access to study guides, practice questions, and flashcards for over 1,800 standardized exams with your library card.
- NJTV Learning Live offers daily classes for students in grades three through six.
- edX offers 2,500+ free online courses from Harvard, MIT, and other world-class universities.
- Universal Class offers access to 500+ online classes on topics including yoga, knitting, water color painting, cookie baking and much more. Create a free account with your library card number.
- The NJ State Library offers free webinars on a variety of topics, from gardening to finance.