Introducing JerseyClicks One Search, a single search box that let you search all statewide databases (such as MasterFile, NoveList, RefUSA, Consumer Reports, Time, Sports Illustrated, and more!) all at once. But don’t forget – these aren’t all of the databases that WTPL library card holders have access to, check out the different databases that we have available below.
How is a database different from a web search? Although databases are accessed through your Internet browser, they are very different from searching the web. Anyone can create a website and put information up online, which makes the accuracy of many websites questionable. In contrast, a database is a resource that the library purchases, and the information that you find there is published through reliable sources. The content is written, reviewed, edited and selected by field experts.
This extensive literature collection includes hundreds of essays by renowned literary critic Harold Bloom, which examine the lives and works of great writers throughout history and the world. The database also contains an archive of more than 38,000 characters and extensive entries on literary topics, themes, movements, and genres.
This business database provides full text for over 1,000 business publications. The rich collection of titles in Business Source Elite provides information dating back to 1985. More than 10,100 substantial company profiles from Datamonitor are also included. This database is updated on a daily basis via EBSCOhost.
Find local information about Washington Township (Long Valley) located in Morris County, NJ.
Local History Links & Information
Washington Township Historic Documents: Washington Township’s extensive collection of municipal records received preservation help with a grant from the Morris County Heritage Commission and a matching grant from the Washington Township Library. The $4,470 in grant monies provided for the preservation and conservation of municipal documents along with the digitization of conserved records. This collection can be accessed by visiting Washington Township History on the township’s website and clicking on the Historical Documentation link.
WTPL's Digital History Project
We have scanned booklets, maps, newspapers and other documents pertaining to Washington Township historical information. Many of these documents are now available in the list below and others are available at the library. We hope that those who are interested in Washington Township history will find this to be an invaluable resource.
Some of these files — especially the booklets — are very large, so please be patient while they load onto your computer.
- This Is Washington Township: A Brief Historical Record, 1730-1976 (1976)
- Tercentenary Days (1964) Note: The cover is a reproduction.
- Washington Township Long Ago (1952)
- Historic Highlights of Washington Township (Morris County Heritage Commission, 1994)
- Map of Original Tracts of Washington Township, 1713-1750 (by T.F.Chambers)
- Washington Township, c. 1852
- Washington Township (from Beer’s Atlas of Morris County, 1868)
Local Links and Resources
Schools & Colleges
- Washington Township Board of Education
- Washington Township Schools “Friday Folders”
- Washington Township Schools
- West Morris Central High School
- West Morris Board of Education
- Morris County School Districts
- Colleges and Universities (NJ)
- Long Valley Patch
- Long Valley Village Association
- Washington Township Recreation
- Washington Township Website & Calendar
- Long Valley Junior Women’s Club
- Long Valley Woman’s Club Evening Membership Division
- The Garden Club of Long Valley
- Musconetcong Valley Community Association
- The Middle Valley Community Center
- Long Valley Girl Scouts
- Boy Scouts
- The Rotary Club of Chester-Long Valley
- Chester Lions Club
- Long Valley Baseball Club
- Long Valley Basketball Association
- Long Valley Raiders Football Association
- Long Valley Rec Soccer Association
Family Roots & Shoots: Genealogy Interest Group
Roots & Shoots is a genealogy interest group that meets monthly at the library. Visit our library calendar to find the next meeting day and time.
Books on Genealogy
The Library has a large collection of books that can provide guidance and information on all aspects of genealogical research. Come to the library and browse the 929.1 sections in our circulating and reference collections, or go online to the Library Catalog and search on the subject genealogy. If you need any help, be sure to ask for a Reference Librarian (in person or by phone).